Technical and digital opportunities at NPR range from developers to mobile to UX – and everywhere in between. Whether you're developing the visual identity and user experience of NPR Digital Media products and services, or collaborating with journalists from the Digital Media editorial team members, you'll be working with some of the best talent in their respective feeds.
We know many organizations are vying for your talents. They offer you a variety of perks and incentives to come work for them. We do too. So, what's different about us? At NPR, you'll work on really interesting projects in an Agile environment, seen and used by millions, that contribute in a real way to our efforts to create a more informed citizenry. Pretty cool. Here are a few more perks that go along with digital jobs at NPR:
- We're an Agile shop, provide formal scrum training, and use tools geared toward rapid development. Recently, we added Lean to our toolbox, and we constantly try to improve how we do what we do. "Because we've always done it that way" is heresy.
- We are diverse, lifelong learners and read omnivorously from the giveaway book shelf, regularly attend Tiny Desk Concerts, and edit bad grammar on milk cartons.
- We believe our stories should be available where and when our audience wants them and we're committed to mobile design. Check out our most recent mobile project, the NPR One app.
- We celebrate our diversity. This celebration goes beyond the diverse names of our reporters, and is built upon the foundation set by our founding mothers.
- We step away several days each year to come together and work on fun and interesting projects during Serendipity Days.
- We believe in working out in the open, and take an open-source approach to sharing our work.
- We're platform agnostic.
- Each month more than 25 million unique visitors visit NPR digital platforms. You'll have many opportunities to show your work.
- We're located in Washington, D.C. in a brand new building within 15 walking minutes of a great range of restaurants, retail, and culture (Union Station, H Street Corridor, and Union Market).
- We're a friendly bunch and expect the same from you.